It is interesting to observe how the market of tech solutions is changing based on the interests, needs, and demands of users. A decade ago, the world hadn’t heard about Instagram and now it is difficult to find a smartphone user who doesn’t have at least the most basic understanding of what it is. But apps for pets and their owners are still something that can surprise a person, especially if he or she doesn’t have a pet.
To the category of pet tech solutions, we can refer any type of software, including IoT apps, that are aimed at facilitating everyday tasks for pet owners, making the interaction between pets and people more efficient, and increasing the quality of pets’ lives. Of course, the majority of applications are targeted at owners of cats and dogs but today you can also find tech solutions for people who have guinea pigs, hamsters, parrots, and many other furry (and not very furry) friends.
The market of pet apps is continuously expanding. In 2020, the volume of this market reached $5.7 billion. And now it is forecasted that by 2027 this figure will go beyond $20 billion.
What are the most popular types of pet tech solutions?
- Smart feeders. With smart feeders, pet owners can leave their pets at home without worrying that nobody will feed them in time. With a smart feeder, just using your smartphone you can easily schedule meals for your pet.
- Interactive cameras and monitors. Even being far away from your home, you can keep an eye on what your cat, dog, or any other small friend is doing. Also, such solutions can allow you to play with your pets and talk to them remotely.
- Activity and health trackers. That’s the most highly-demanded type of IoT apps for pets. They are quite similar to applications for people of this kind. Trackers can be enriched with various sensors that will let you check the temperature, heart rate, burnt calories, and other health-related parameters.
When it comes to pet app development, the Internet of Things (IoT) is one of the most widely applied technologies. Today there are different kinds of IoT-powered applications:
- Pet wearables. This group includes such devices as bark collars, GPS collars, temperature scanners, activity trackers, and others.
- Pet care platforms. Such platforms unite providers of various types of services for pets, like vet cabinets, shops, and salons for cats and dogs.
- Connected pet products. Today pet owners can use numerous devices such as smart fences, toys, and doors that will make many processes and tasks for people and their pets easier.
If you have an idea of launching an innovative pet tech solution but do not know what should be the first point on your To-do list, we advise you to start with the search for the right team who will provide you with high-quality development services. At Cogniteq, we have rich expertise in building software products for different industries and one of the segments that we are focused on is the pet tech space. We know all the market trends and build apps that bring real value to both app owners and pet lovers.